Realities Created, Maintained and Destroyed, WHILE-U-WAIT!

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

The Blizzard of 2011

Such as it was.

 We got some snow last night, enough to shut down most of the streets around the house.


The best way to get around the neighborhood was on snowshoes






Getting out of the driveway was a little difficult.





Taht was the accumulation since 11:00 PM last night (when I went out and shoveled, knowing I would regret it if I didn't)


We had to dig out in shifts.





Then I took a walk around to see how thing were.


 The streets were buried and impassable for the most part.


 The plows had opened up the main thoroughfares,


 But haven't even begun to address the residential streets.


Which, to tell you the truth, is just fine by me. I am looking forward to a few days of skiing and snowshoeing.

Yay Winter!

1 comment:

steve-vh said...

yay, you got snow finally!!
Same here, got the tractor stuck three times. Finally stopped after three hours. Going backout again now.