Realities Created, Maintained and Destroyed, WHILE-U-WAIT!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

The Best Pink Floyd Song Ever?

I always thought so.
Of course that might have something to do with the circumstances under which I first heard the song. (1969, in a camp in the redwoods, after a day of wildcrafting some of the local mushrooms)

From their Ummagumma album





The same album gave us the more conventionally popular "Careful with that ax, Eugene".


2 comments:

Salma Amelia said...

Dear Mushtaq,
These are good, but I wouldn't be a proper High School Teacher if my "Theme Song" wasn't Pink Floyd's "We Don't Need No Education"!!!
Also, have you ever read Eleanor Cameron's "The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet", "Stowaway to the Mushroom Planet", "Mr. Bass's Planetoid", "A Mystery for Mr. Bass", and "Time and Mr. Bass"? I was obsessed with these books as a teenager....
And then, if you are really into mushrooms.... Check out Fungi Perfecti at www.fungi.com. I get their paper catalog.....
Things you didn't know about.....

Salma

PMV said...

The songs from the More soundtrack are my favs