Realities Created, Maintained and Destroyed, WHILE-U-WAIT!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Sundays

And Tomahawk Tameshigiri

Sundays are the day that I usually reserve for myself. I get together with my close friends and train most Sunday mornings. This is a lot different than working with people during the week because I'm not teaching. On Sundays I get to experiment with new and interesting things with people who are teachers in their own right, which allows me to further my own training.

This last Sunday we got out the sharp, pointy things and attacked a bunch of helpless plastic bottles yet again.

It was pretty much par for the course, with flayed plastic flying all over the yard. But I did try one thing new. I have never test cut with a tomahawk before, so I tried it out.


It actually turned out to be quite instructive, and it has given me some new ideas for tomahawk training.

Sunday is also a day for bike riding, running, walking and other fun outdoor pursuits.

I have long said that Michigan has only one real flaw, it's vertically challenged. That is to say flat as a pancake, level, without significant elevation.

So Michiganders have started turning old silos into climbing walls.

This Sunday I grabbed my sidekick Janet (one of the few people willing to do all the crazy things I like doing) and among our afternoon wanderings we hit one of the local climbing walls.



It is not very high, but great for practicing your horizontal traverse.


and loads of fun.

No comments: