Realities Created, Maintained and Destroyed, WHILE-U-WAIT!

Monday, October 05, 2009

The last cutting day of the season

Wherein my friends and myself perpetrate violence on helpless bottles

Sunday is my day as a rule. I spend the week working with other people but on Sunday I get to close up shop and have my training partners over, and we get to work on improving ourselves.

This Sunday Steve, Chris and Cole showed up on my doorstep with an unexpected case of water bottles.

They figured that this might be the last time this year that we could do some cutting.

I have always thought that if you are going to work with blades you really need to actually cut things from time to time. It will telll you more truth about your technique than a lot of other things.

video

A swords edge is a pretty small surface and without the proper feedback it is sometimes hard to know how well you are really doing.

3 comments:

Salma said...

Dear Mushtaq,
Funny you should have a post on cutting things. Here I sit at my computer with my bandaged index finger which I just cut on the rim of a sauerkraut can. I vowed never to handle sharp objects with low blood sugar again. The hands are too shaky and the coordination is off. Lesson learned. S

Janet said...

Nice form:-)

Steve Perry said...

World is dying of thirst and there you and Van Harn and the boys are still murdering water bottles ...