Realities Created, Maintained and Destroyed, WHILE-U-WAIT!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I have a conspiracy theory for you

And I say this as a strong supporter of the second amendment.

I am convinced that the morons who are showing up at town hall meetings with pistols and rifles are not in fact doing so to exercise their second amendment rights. They are, I believe, anti-gun nuts doing everything in their power to frighten average Americans into supporting strong bans on the right to own and bear arms in the USA.




It is the only answer that makes any sense. Only an idiot would show up at a presidential speech with an assault rifle and think that any clear thinking American would approve of his actions.

So we either have individuals with double digit IQ's strutting about at town hall meetings with their 44 magnum penis replacements, thinking that they are going to intimidate the American people into doing what they want through thereat of force, ( these people would most likely be Maoists, being that it was Chairman Mao who observed "all politics emerge from the barrel of a gun") or you have a concerted effort by the anti-gun forces to portray gun oweners as dangerously insane. The sad thing is that it seems to be working. I have heard much talk from moderate friends about stronger weapons bans after seeing loaded guns at political rallies. These are people who would not have supported such six months ago.

You do the math.

Here's some evidence for my premise

6 comments:

Janet said...

Shhhhh! You figured out our plan.

As a long-time anti-gun citizen, I would have to agree with your theory, (especially the part about IQ), though I have no inside knowledge as to its truth :-)

Salma said...

Dear Mushtaq,
As someone who has been shot at from close range, the sight of a gun causes flashbacks that I would not care to experience on a daily basis. Out of sight, out of mind. However, though I am also very much against drinking since the alcohol problem of the person who shot at me ruined our marriage, I thank God every day that he was drunk when he pulled the trigger, or I might not be here. Funny contradiction, eh? So, I guess my overall opinion is that there is good and bad in everything, but carrying guns around can only mean more deaths and injuries from firearms because self control has always been and always will be in short
supply. S

Salma said...

Dear Mushtaq,
O.K. I think it is time to exercise my prerogative as a woman and change my mind about guns. Some guy was just now making obscene noises on the street right outside my bedroom window, and I must say that I wish I had not gotten rid of that pistol I inherited from my mother. And I have also changed my mind about not liking the "in your face" police presence in the city. I am very thankful that the police station is only two blocks away from my house. So, with that said, I am going to try to get back to sleep. (Emphasis on the word "try")... S

Irene said...

I have an alternative conspiracy theory: these folks are (or are being used by) anti-Obama activists who are beginning to desensitive the populace and the security staff to the presence of firearms so that they can arrange to assassinate him. After all, when there are fifty people around with guns, makes it much harder for the secret service to detect the one guy who intends to actually use it.

Dan Gambiera said...

Irene is probably right, especially when you see them carrying around "The tree of Liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of tyrants" signs and t-shirts. Just like Tim McVeigh did when he was arrested. Funny that.

It's certainly making me ashamed to be a gun owner.

Dan Gambiera said...

Irene is probably right, especially when you see them carrying around "The tree of Liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of tyrants" signs and t-shirts. Just like Tim McVeigh did when he was arrested. Funny that.

It's certainly making me ashamed to be a gun owner.