Realities Created, Maintained and Destroyed, WHILE-U-WAIT!

Monday, October 20, 2008

On a happier (and less political) note

My dear friend Carey Rockland went to Santa Cruz to play.

There was a BJJ tournament, the 13th US Open, there this last Sunday and Carey wanted to test her skill.

Aside form being one of the most delightful people I know (I'd call her vivacious, but she might punch me) she is a superb fighter, and is getting better daily.

We have trained together some, and she is one of the easiest people to teach I have ever encountered, and she's dead game. (Hey Carey, I want you to drink this quart of whiskey and then wrassle (as opposed to wrestle) a Grisly bear, "OK sure thing, bring him on, but make sure that the Whiskey is 18 year old single malt")



Here is a shot of her waiting for her match


I absolutely love this picture. You just know that the next words out of her mouth will be "Are you Sarah Connor?"

And this last pic tell it all! Yeah Carey! (If I'm not mistaken, I think she made her opponent cry)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Lord. That woman has no neck!

Mushtaq Ali said...

Actually she has quite a nice neck.

Anonymous said...

"Are you Sarah Connor?" *chuckle* I wonder if something like that would throw off an opponent at that level ... just long enough to be able to dictate what happens next.

ROCKLAND said...

fortunately, my opponent did have a neck, and choking worked.

ROCKLAND said...

fortunately, my opponent had a neck, and choking worked.

Chuck said...

Awesome Carrie! COngratulations!
Chuck

fairuza said...

Now that's my kind of girl!

Go get 'em Carrie! Bravo!

steve-vh said...

Well done Carey! No real surprise from us.

Dan Gambiera said...

Congratulations! Here's hoping your victories are a regular feature on The Traceless Warrior

Bobbe Edmonds said...

Hey Carey, I had a great time working out with you at the gathering. Great job winning! Hope to see you next year!