Realities Created, Maintained and Destroyed, WHILE-U-WAIT!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

George W Bush Calls U.S. a "Nation of Prayer"

That's right, the "Decider" is bragging about how much people in the U.S. pray.

Check it out, what incredible ego!

I guess he is just too busy to read his Bible;

Jesus (as) said

"When you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Most certainly, I tell you, they have received their reward.

But you, when you pray, enter into your inner chamber, and having shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

In praying, don't use vain repetitions, as the Gentiles do; for they think that they will be heard for their much speaking.

Therefore don't be like them, for your Father knows what things you need, before you ask him."

From chapter six of the gospel according to Matthew
We need to remember that the Decider is also the Hypocrite, and whatever they are, him and his buddies have never followed the clear instructions of Jesus (as).

categories





8 comments:

Edward Ott said...

george bush is also saying that people comming to America need to learn english. He has a lot of nerve telling anyone that they need to learn english.

Unsane said...

Have you read Leo Strauss?

Mushtaq Ali said...

I have. All I can say is "non serviam".

As you might imagine, I don't care for him very much.

B said...

I simply pray that we don't "elect" any mre Bush's.

Isaiah said...

Hello Mushtaq Ali,

I've been lurking your blog for awhile and remember some of your posts from an email list before that. I enjoy your writing.

You may have come across this article before; it received some publicity. Being that George the Younger made his comments on the National Day of Prayer I couldn't resist sharing the address. Certainly worth registering to do so in case you or your readers haven't come across it.

Jesus Plus Nothing: http://www.harpers.org/JesusPlusNothing.html

For those who enjoyed the article and are interested, Google the author's name + Colorado and you will find another equally amusing (yet very depressing) piece on an Evangelical Christian communtiy and their political culture. There are some shocking quotes in that second article concerning the tsunami and the role it played in God's plan.

Who made a covenant, again? I like my humor black but I prefer it fictional.

Best wishes.

Michael B said...

Salam Mushtaq..I bet people are praying for him...praying for him to finally do the right thing...oh snap this is W. no such thing...what a mook....Give me liberty or give me death anything but another friggin Bush.....

Michael B said...

Salam Mushtaq..I bet people are praying for him...praying for him to finally do the right thing...oh snap this is W. no such thing...what a mook....Give me liberty or give me death anything but another friggin Bush.....

Michael B said...

Salam Mushtaq..I bet people are praying for him...praying for him to finally do the right thing...oh snap this is W. no such thing...what a mook....Give me liberty or give me death anything but another friggin Bush.....