Realities Created, Maintained and Destroyed, WHILE-U-WAIT!

Monday, April 24, 2006

The week so far

Well, let's see.......

Chuck and I had an interesting time flying out here.

I had an incredible time hanging out with Steve Barnes And Scott Sonnon at "The Path" seminar, which by the way was a resounding success. My account of what went on there will be my next entry.

Bobbe Edmonds came down with his student Todd for the festivities and we got time (though not enough because he wimped out and when home just because he has a job and family and other such minor things) to hang out together and talk about things Silat. I will tell you a bit about that as well very soon.

I stayed with my friends Todd and Tiel, who's hospitality rivals that of a medieval sultan. They also attended the seminar so they had to put up with me far longer than anyone should.

The weather here in Portland has been magnificent! I have not even been rained on once (though I suspect that this is yet another sign of global warming and the ecological disaster that we are heading towards, I am still going to enjoy the moment)

Before the seminar I got to spend some time with one of my Silat teachers, Guru Stevan Plinck, and yes, you will get an account of that as well because of some interesting thing that happened in class.

There are more adventures to be had before I can sit down and write this all out though so expect more in a day or two.

Until then.

8 comments:

Bobbe Edmonds said...

I had a great time, Mushtaq. Sorry about the whole "Family" thing. Damn my familial obligations anyway!

Seriously, I am looking forward to the next gathering of the tribes & I'm going to coerce Todd into coming with me.

ksmaguro said...

I look forward to the stories!

Adam said...

Welcome back guru. I look forward to the stories Mushtaq. Think I could get a lesson tomorrow (Tuesday)? I read some of Richard Dawkins work over the weekend and would appreciate your perspective on some of it. I’ll call sometime tomorrow.

Mushtaq Ali said...

Adam,

I am not back yet and will not be in GR until 10 pm or so tomorrow, but there will be class on Wed.

Terry said...

Just gotta rub it in, don't ya!?!
Glad it was good, and I'll try to make the next time everyone gathers.

Tiel Aisha Ansari said...

Yeah, we missed you, Terry.

Put Labor Day weekend on your calendar. And bring Jena this time!

murid_aisha said...

Guru,

More stories.. and I am excited to hear of this happening in class.
Thanks~

peace,
aisha

Michael Blackgrave said...

Salaam Mushtaq..glad to see you had a great time..Once again I miss all the good times..LOL will talk with ya soon