Realities Created, Maintained and Destroyed, WHILE-U-WAIT!

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Imagine if you will,

That you see a beat-up looking Toyota truck, loaded so heavily that the back is MUCH lower than the front, moving slowly through the gloom of the early morning.

As it glides silently through the town, a faint, eldrich glow can be seen through the camper-shell windows, dogs howl as it passes, you have entered the rambling dervish zone.

This has been an interesting trip (so far). It is not quite done yet, at the moment I am sitting in my home away from home in Grand Rapids, MI. All in all it has been a pleasant trip and I have had time to make important stops along the way.

My first side trip, about a day into the drive was to visit the grave of my adopted father. I was out of the country when he died, and so I missed the funeral, and I have not had a spare moment to make it out to where he was laid to rest.

Usually, I take a pretty Apache view of death, but in this case I was happy to make the exception. I will write a separate entry on this visit later.

I spent that day listening to all my Native American music in honor of my father. I had not listened to my Sharon Burch albums in quite a while, it was nice to get reacquainted with them.

You have probably never heard of her, and you will not find her in any of the top forty charts being as she sings mostly in Navajo, but she has a sweet voice, and she has blended the traditional and the modern in a way that really works.

I got a chance to spend time with a dervish family of my acquaintance in Salt Lake City of all places. It was great fun.

I spent a day in Denver hanging out with friends as well. There were many adventures to be had here, including things like pipe bombs being discovered along the side of the road, and I will have to do a full entry on this one as well.

I got to Grand Rapids day before yesterday, and it is good to be back in Michigan. This State has always liked me for some reason and just crossing its border gave me a welcoming feeling.

I got to spend time yesterday working out with my friend Steve Van Harn, which is always one of my favorite things to do.

I was feeling a bit rusty, being as I haven't worked the sticks since the last time I was here, but I managed to not embarrass myself too much.


There is much more to come, but I will not be able to get to it until I am in NY. I just wanted my many fives of fans to know that I am thinking of them

No comments: