Realities Created, Maintained and Destroyed, WHILE-U-WAIT!

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Nevada

The Great Basin, sagebrush for as far as the eye can see.

If you have only spent time in Las Vegas (which means "fertile valleys" in Spanish) you may have no real sense of just how desolate Nevada really is.

Mostly it is flat but you do get the occasional hill such as this one.




The most exciting thing that happened during my crossing of the state happened just after dusk. There was a storm of insects.

There were hundreds of millions that came out, it looked like a snow storm in the headlights. I had to stop every twenty miles and wash off the truck's windshield for a while. The next morning I had to find a hose to wash off the radiator because I had collected so many bugs on it that it was overheating.

I have to admit that I was happy to leave this leg of the journey behind me.

categories



No comments: