Realities Created, Maintained and Destroyed, WHILE-U-WAIT!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Missouri

I forget who said (but I bet Todd can tell me)
"In the war between the grasses and the trees, the smartest thing the grasses ever did was enlist the aid of man."


Nowhere is this more evident than in Missouri. The war continues there, with blows struck, but timed in seasons.

The land was densely wooded as I drove along, but every so often a corn field was notched into the woods.




Missouri, outside of the cities is definitely rural, almost wild.



I kept getting urges to stash the truck somewhere and slip off between the trees and see what it would be like to follow the deer trails for a while.

One very surprising thing was how bad the air quality was. Going through Kansas City was a lot like driving through Los Angeles, and St. Louis was no better.

The Missouri river valley is beautiful though.

categories



No comments: