Realities Created, Maintained and Destroyed, WHILE-U-WAIT!

Thursday, April 28, 2005

A ray of hope

I have always loved watching birds.

It is something I picked up as a child, wandering the mountains and deserts with my grandfather. He knew every local bird and had at least one story about every bird we met from the eagle to the cedar waxwing.

One bird that I had always longed to see, but did not think I ever would because it was believed to be extinct was the Ivory-Billed Woodpecker.

Well it seems that this may not be the case after all.

Check out this report from NPR.



It's back!


Every now and again there is a ray of hope that everything that is good and beautiful has not been destroyed by the forces of greed and hate.

categories

1 comment:

Sophia said...

I remember watching a segment on television about these "extict" birds. I thought they were so beautiful and it made me sad that they were no more. Then I heard that some had been found, and I was glad in my heart.