Realities Created, Maintained and Destroyed, WHILE-U-WAIT!

Friday, April 08, 2005

More Dead Fish?

Well, it has been an interesting day, but a day without good information.

This morning I called the Seva foundation again on the Ram Das matter, and I am happy to say that I was able to get a little more information on what is going on.

basically, for some reason no one at Seva has been able to get hold of Ram Das' care giver and find out anything about how he is doing.

While the person I spoke with was not able to tell me anything definitive, in other ways he was very helpful. It was obvious that the people at SEVA are very concerned about this and genuinely care for Ram Das.

I should point out here that Seva is not at all involved in the fund raising, but are just a place I turned to because they have a line of communications to Ram Das and might be able to shed some light on all this.

I sent another email off to Hay House this morning asking these questions.

Joe,

What I need is fairly simple, two things.

1, Some sort of verification that the call for donations is on the up and up.

I understand that you may not be able to help much with this because you are acting just as an agent to collect money.

2, I need some sense of the oversite on how the money is collected and given to the intended person.

Your present set-up "make checks out to Ram Das and we will send them to Dr. Dyer" is completely unprofessional and open to much abuse. I am NOT saying that there is anything of the sort going on, I just need to be able to assure anyone I speak to on this matter that there is proper oversite in place.

Thank you for you attention on this matter,

Mushtaq Ali
I got a message back almost immediately

Mushtaq,

Please send me your telephone number, I will see if there is anyone available that can contact you with the information you are requesting.

That was at 12:30 pm Pacific time. It is now 8:00 pm and I have not heard from anyone.

I have not just been sitting around though. I contacted the California State attorney General's office.

If someone is trying to collect funds like this must register with the attorney General. I can find no registration by Hay House to collect charity funds.

Of course thy may have registered under a different name, or perhaps they don't know that they must register to collect money in the way they are.

So far I don't think that there is anything going on that is unethical, but if people want to collect money like this they really need to get their act together.

categories


No comments: