Realities Created, Maintained and Destroyed, WHILE-U-WAIT!

Saturday, March 05, 2005

A Moment to Stop and Smell the Roses

Every now and again a red shouldered hawk will spend a little time sitting high in a pine tree just near the property line.

red_shouldered_hawk1

Given the size of the bird I would guess that it is female (with hawks the female is bigger as a rule) . Lately I have seen another, smaller red shouldered in the area, and I am beginning to suspect that they may be a mated pair and perhaps have a nest close by.

red_shouldered_hawk2

I hate to think that I would ever get so busy or absorbed in what I am doing that I did not notice a visitor such as this one.

Sometimes a person can walk by a place a thousand times

adobe-s

and never notice the small quiet window into another world.

categories

No comments: